Posted by Wendy McGrath Mar 27, 2014
Here are some suggestions from massage therapists at Elements Therapeutic Massage.
1. "Adequate sleep is essential to having energy for a good day. A comfortable sleep environment is helpful, and you should avoid stimulants before going to bed. A regular massage helps to ensure a quality rest, as massage has been shown to have the same benefits of resting for seven to eight hours on the body. A nutritious diet including fruits and vegetables also helps to maintain an adequate energy level."
2. "Exercise and good nutrition. A 20-minute walk and non-processed foods do wonders."
3. "There can be many reasons for feeling tired, fatigued, or lacking energy. Diet comes to mind first. Are you eating lots of green leafy vegetables, as well as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, green beans and zucchini? All of these have iron, potassium, zinc, copper, manganese and a host of vitamins. A healthy diet includes lots of vegetables including leafy greens.
4. "Rest: Do you get eight hours of sleep each night? Is it an unbroken eight continuous hours? Rest is just as important as diet.
5. "Do you exercise? You don't have to go to the gym, although that type of exercise is very helpful. You can walk, jog, hike, do yoga, pilates, Zumba; all of these activities help to improve your level of energy.
6. "Finally, massage and meditation are two ways to help lower levels of stress. Regular practice of meditation and regular massage treatments are very effective in lowering stress levels. And when you're less stressed, you'll have more energy."