Hiring A Licensed Massage Therapist
Mar 24, 2014
Job Description For Massage Therapist
We are looking for a Licensed Massage Therapist who has a passion for sharing the healing and therapeutic benefits of massage therapy. We are committed to offering our Therapists supportive and caring environment where they can share their gift of touch with our members and guests. At Elements Therapeutic Massage we understand that our Therapists are our biggest resource when it comes to providing excellent customer service.
As a Licensed Massage Therapist you will have a positive impact in people’s life by giving quality massages and great customer service. In this role you will listen to clients, design a therapy plan to fit their needs and introduce them to our no contract Wellness Program.
- Greeting guests & members in a professional, friendly manner.
- Obtaining client’s informed consent for the therapy plan prior to beginning therapy session.
- Performing 55 (up to 110 minute if capable) minute quality sessions within their scope of training and utilizing draping protocols.
- Completing accurate and legible client intake notes.
- Creating an excellent experience for guests & members through a present therapeutic touch and friendly attitude.
- Promoting the health and wellness benefits to each client and recommending frequency of sessions.
- Safeguarding client information and confidentiality.
- Executing professional boundaries and does not engage in dual relationships with clients.
- Maintaining a professional clean appearance of self and clinic by wearing a clean and pressed uniform, following the table dressing as well as draping protocols and keeping the therapy room clean and assisting with overall maintenance of studio.
- Communicating with front desk staff and management.
- Renewing license & insurance as dictated by county/city/state regulation.
- Actively seeking out continuing education to improve effectiveness.
- Attending all scheduled shifts, being prompt to work and working entire shift.
- Building a client base.
- Promoting additional business through members (Wellness Program).
- Understanding, believing and upholding our vision, values, and code of ethics.
- Participate in External Events (Chair Massages).
We are looking for a Licensed Massage Therapist with a passion for excellent customer service. In this role you need to be able to give 4 hours of massage therapy in a row. In this position you must have outstanding listening skills; it is essential that you listen to the client and tailor the session to the client’s needs. All of our therapists can perform Hot Stone, Pregnancy Massage, Deep Muscle Therapy and several other unique modalities.
- Must carry and provide personal liability insurance.
- Adhere to local and state licensing laws and regulations.
- Pass background check.
- Completed a minimum of 650 hours of education.
- Desire to learn and advance skills.
- Positive attitude & flexibility.
- Understand and believe in the healing and therapeutic benefits of massage therapy.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, management, fellow therapists and support staff.
- Ability to work flexible days and hours, including nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of various modalities.
We provide for sheets, the table, room usage, uniforms, lotions/gels/oils, laundry service, schedule appointments and marketing to build your book of business.