Whether it’s the relaxing touch of massage or preparing a special home-made meal surrounded by love and candlelight, there are many inexpensive ways to revitalize your connection and reinvigorate your relationship. A variety of massage treatments, including couple’s massage sessions, are popular this time of year among those who want to restore the spark in their relationships while relaxing with your valentine.”
Here are some inexpensive yet romantic and simple Valentine’s Day gift ideas for couples:
1. Kick Your Feet Up: Treat your valentine to a relaxing evening by propping up his/her knees and feet on a comfortable pillow and rolling a tennis ball or golf ball forward and back on the arch of the foot, followed by side to side. Complete the foot massage by placing the ball on the heel and make circular motions. Make sure to remind your valentine to relax, enjoy and breathe.
2. Chocolate and Bubbly: Dip some strawberries in chocolate (or purchase them pre-dipped) and pair with your significant other’s favorite bubbly beverage. Enjoy this sweet dessert during a quiet evening without distractions.
3. Extra Z’s: With daily commitments piled high, sleep can sometimes seem like a long lost friend. Give your valentine the gift of snooze with a sleep in late love note. You wake up with the kids, feed them breakfast, keep them entertained and fulfill family obligations until your valentine is ready to get up.
4. Quality Snuggle Time: Enjoy an uninterrupted evening of quality time with your valentine by turning off all electronics and locking them out of reach. Rather than checking in with your social media friends or texting your pals, check in with you valentine with some one-on-one conversation, snuggling and relaxation time.
5. Light a Candle: Spice up your evening at home with a candlelit home-made dinner set for two. Make your valentine’s favorite meal. Better yet, purchase it and bring it home so you both can enjoy without preparing or cleaning up after!
6. Sit Back and Enjoy a Hand Massage: Have your valentine pick a favorite chair and begin massaging at the base of the thumb by applying circular pressure using the eraser end of a pencil. Hit all the pressure points near the thumb, and then gently move to the web area between the thumb and first finger. Repeat the circular movements, moving to the padding between each finger at the palm. Massage both the palm and side of each hand, reminding your valentine to relax and breathe.
7. Sunset Picnic Time: Pack your favorite picnic foods, grab your bikes on a weekend evening and pedal off into the sunset. Stop halfway to enjoy your picnic goodies, the sun slipping below the horizon and the company of your valentine before heading home.
8. Breakfast in Bed: Who doesn’t enjoy their morning coffee and eggs in the comfort of their bedroom? Surprise your valentine with all of his/her favorite breakfast treats served in bed.
9. Sports Mania: Put on your valentine’s favorite sports team attire and set up a reservation at your local sports bar for the two of you to sit at the best seat in the house during the big game – the table with all TVs visible from every angle.
10. Knock out the Knots: Most couples have achy necks, shoulders and bodies resulting from too many hours leaning over computer desks, doing household chores and horsing around with the kids. Reduce you and your valentine’s stress and muscle tension by scheduling a couple’s massage therapy session.
Elements Therapeutic Massage in the Ahwatukee/Chandler area -located at 7131 W. Ray Road is on a mission to help area consumers experience the healing benefits of massage therapy services tailored to meet their unique needs. Unlike most massage retailers, Elements has created a niche in the by focusing on providing therapeutic massage services, include deep tissue massages, trigger point work, prenatal massages, hot stone massage, and sports massage.