Four Tips to Rejuvenate the Mind, Body and Spirit this Spring
Feb 22, 2012
Spring is often an exciting time of year, but changes and new projects can also bring on stress. Taking a few minutes for mental health and relaxation each day can go a long way towards uplifting your spirits and motivating you to tackle new challenges.
Here are Four Tips for rejuvenating the mind, body, and spirit:
- Wake Up with a Dose of Mental Health and Physical Relaxation
- Clear the Mind and Relax: Before rolling out of bed, take a few long, deep breathes to clear out thoughts from the night before and prepare your mind for a productive, stress-free day. Focus on the positive aspects of what you plan on accomplishing during your day.
- Balance Your Body, Balance Your Life: To get your day started off on the right foot, begin your morning routine with some quiet meditative and muscle relaxation time. In as little as five minutes, you can loosen your back, neck and leg muscles with common yoga moves such as child’s pose, downward dog and standing tree.
- Power Down at Night: At least an hour before going to bed, make it a habit to turn off all technology – television, phone, e-mail, Internet, social media, music, etc. Also ensure that you receive between seven to nine hours of sleep each night.
- Refuel with Friends and Fitness:
- Find time for a weekly escape: Work, family and personal everyday commitments can leave your mental tank empty and craving some “me” time. Refuel your tank by picking one stress relieving activity that you enjoy and schedule it on your calendar on a weekly basis. This could be as simple as reading a book/magazine for an hour, arranging a coffee date with a friend, volunteering or enjoying a walk outdoors.
- Add fitness into your weekly routine. Physical activity not only helps your body’s fitness levels, but it also is an excellent source for preventing and managing stress. Whether it’s taking your dog for a 30-minute walk, going for a jog, biking the kids to/from school, taking fitness classes or swimming laps, consistent activity is good for not only relieving stress in your muscles/body, but also mental stress.
- 4. Restore and Revitalize with Massage Therapy: To keep your mind and body aligned and working in sync, monthly massage therapy sessions are important to restoring and reinvigorating your overall health and well-being. Massage therapy addresses a variety of health conditions, the most prevalent being stress-related tension. Some of the most common massage therapy techniques include deep tissue massage, Swedish massage, hot stone massage, and trigger point work.
Elements Therapeutic Massage in Chandler, is located at 7131 W. Ray Road and is on a mission to help area consumers experience the healing benefits of massage therapy services tailored to meet their unique needs. Elements has created a niche in the massage industry by focusing on providing quality, customized, therapeutic massage services.
About Elements Therapeutic Massage, Inc.
Elements Therapeutic Massage, with more than 80 studios across the country. For more information about massage franchise opportunities visit http://elementsfranchise.com.