Integrative Reflexology® combines the use of reflex maps from traditional reflexology, connections on your feet, hands and outer ears that are believed to link to internal organs and body functions, with massage techniques for a deeply relaxing and refreshing experience. Starting with the feet, your specially trained therapist will identify alignment issues and blockages in your meridians and energy pathways. Using whole hand techniques, the zone pathways will be opened and receptors on your feet stimulated to produce a calming effect on the whole body.
With the areas of tension identified and softened, the massage will continue beyond the feet and hands with more traditional massage techniques which further relieve tension and discomfort. As the receptors on your feet tie to your internal systems, this massage modality is often termed a massage from the inside out.
Who is the ideal client to benefit from Integrative Reflexology®?
- Those who have a stressful lifestyle will benefit from the deep relaxation and enhanced deep breathing.
- Those who suffer from sinus tension or breathing issues may experience drainage and decreased congestion.
- Those who are looking for improved function in lymphatic, nerve and blood circulation.
- Pregnant women may find relief from back, hip, sinus and digestive discomforts.
- Chronically ill, those with autoimmune disease or cancer patients benefit from increased immune function, digestive/nausea relief and endorphin release to ease pain.
Elements Massage Whitefish Bay therapists have been trained by Claire Marie Miller and have been offering Integrated Reflexology® services since May 2016. Current staff members that offer IR services are: Mario, Kiszie, Sharissa, Amanda & Deanna.