We all feel stress from time to time, and many of our lifestyle habits don't support us in our journey along a healthier path. Here are 10 lifestyle changes that will help you become more relaxed and increase your overall feeling of well-being.
- Have a power breakfast
- Avoid fruit lunches
- Take three deep breaths before you eat to increase your body's supply of oxygen, relax, and help you digest your food
- Cut back on coffee, tea, and cola drinks
- Watch for the mid-afternoon "slump"
- Prioritize your tasks
- Designate the end of work time and the beginning of personal time by performing a ritual
- Do something relaxing every day
- Exercise daily so it becomes a healthy habit
- Go to bed and get up at the same time every day
By Jacqueline Sidman