Fun Thanksgiving Recipe
Julia Barnett Nov 18, 2016
What is the one thing that is concerning about Thanksgiving? Feeding all those people? Too much food? Maybe looking for something healthier?
Well when it comes to looking for something that is a little bit healthier while still being hardy, this is a great dish; and it serves 4-6 people! Also very few ingredients are needed and there are only 8 simple steps to cook this dish.
Apple Cider-Glazed Turnips: here is what you will need.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds turnips, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- A 9-x13-inch baking pan
- An oven heated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
How to cook:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease pan with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Arrange turnips in a single layer in the pan.
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter, cider, sugar, salt, and pepper in a small pot and cook on medium heat. Stir until fully combined.
- Pour mixture over layer of turnips.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 min.
- Uncover, stir, and continue to bake for 20-30 more minutes
This is such a healthy and yummy recipe that anyone can enjoy! It is vegetarian, gluten free, and wheat free! The full recipe can be found on the Whole Foods website for more detailed instructions.