12 Quick and Healthy Breakfasts Nutritionists Actually Eat
John L. Pantera Jul 31, 2013
Ever wonder what people who dispense nutrition advice for a living actually eat? Just like all of us, nutritionists on the go find it difficult to make the time for a healthy breakfast. But they do eat them.
So, here are the results from an informal survey of nutritionists on their typical fast and healthy breakfast options:
- Steel-cut oatmeal with dried fruit, flax and chia seeds in cold weather. Smoothies made with fat-free milk, frozen fruit, nonfat Greek yogurt and oatmeal in warmer weather.
- Toasted whole grain bread with nut butter and organic green tea.
- Smoothie made with almond milk, nonfat Greek yogurt, banana, spinach and whey protein.
- Chia pudding with almond milk and berries.
- Bob's Red Mill oat bran, soy milk, fresh fruit, handful of dry roasted unsalted almonds and black coffee.
- Any of Barbara’s cereals, almond milk, fresh fruit and strong black coffee.
- Kashi GOLEAN cereal with fresh fruit.
- Nonfat Greek yogurt with KIND whole grain clusters.
- Two slices of millet and chia seed bread toasted with part skim mozzarella cheese.
- Steel-cut oatmeal with soy milk, chia seeds, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Two slices whole grain toast with nut butter and sliced banana.
- Fresh fruit and nonfat Greek yogurt sprinkled with hemp hearts and ground flaxseeds.
If we examine these “breakfasts of nutrition champions,” we can see that they all are comprised of superbly nutritious high-nutrient foods for relatively few calories. Most contain a whole grain fiber-filled complex carbohydrate for lasting energy. In addition, you will note that many also include fresh fruit, nuts or seeds, a lean protein and a calcium-rich food source.
Don’t miss out on the most important meal of the day. A coach or nutritionist can help you to set and attain small, doable, health and fitness goals which begin by pledging to start the day with a healthy breakfast. He or she will also develop an exercise program designed to meet your specific needs. You’ll receive nutritional counseling which will complement your workouts.
We can all learn a lesson from nutritionists and begin the day with a quick and healthy breakfast!
Share your thoughts, leave a comment!
The Elements Way.®
Therapeutic, handcrafted, and personalized massage.
Our Studio Location
Hours of Operation
Mon - Sun 9am - 9pm
Please note: gift cards are non-refundable