We all know how important exercise is to a healthy lifestyle. But for amateur athletes, getting the most out of training and exercise is critical to performance. Whatever your activity – running, biking, swimming, climbing, hiking, skiing, tennis, or any other individual or team sport – regular massage therapy can help optimize the effort you put into your training program.
Regular massage therapy provides benefits at every stage of your sport, including:
- Improves conditioning
- Improves circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
- Lowers the heart rate, respiratory rate, and blood pressure
- Boosts the immune system
- Enhances energy, vitality and performance
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Improves soft tissue function
- Helps prevent injury
- Enables faster recovery
- Decreases delayed-onset muscle soreness
- Decreases muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise
- Reduces inflammation associated with exercise-induced damage to skeletal muscles
The recovery benefits of massage are especially significant. Studies have shown that massage therapy may affect inflammation at the cellular level, similar to the effects of anti-inflammatory medications. So not only does regular massage enhance your performance, but it can get you back to your exercise and training program quickly.
The therapists at Elements Massage™ are trained in a variety of techniques that can help you maximize the effectiveness of your exercise and training regimen, reduce your risk of exercise-related injury, and minimize post-exercise discomfort, soreness and stiffness. Integrate massage into your healthy routine at discounted rates by enrolling in our Elements Wellness Program™ and stay at the top of your game. You’ll be in good hands – Elements Massage™ is the #1 rated massage provider nationally.