We continue on with our weekly blog post called "Therapist Thursdays".
This week's question was “What’s the best thing I can do to get a good night’s sleep?" I posed this question to my team yesterday, and received an overwhelming response.
Here is what they had to say;
1. Eat a light dinner, don't watch tv and stretch before lying down for the night.
2. Sleeping is when your brain and body rest. Truly rest. It is usually the only time in a day that you will actually lay down. Work on turning everything off. And remember, that "Game of Thrones" episode you missed will still be there in the morning.
3. Use a sleep mask. Even the light from your alarm clock can be enough to disrupt REM cycles.
4. Avoid caffine in the afternoon and evening; stay active, and take time out to meditate or unwind without tv, internet, or mobile devices prior to laying down each night.
5. I find that exercise, especially in the sun outside helps me sleep.
6. Sleep in a slightly cool room. Also, no big meals at night :)
7. Meditation and listening to soft relaxing music always works for me.
We are upping the ante...we will post this question on our Facebook page today. Submit your answer and have a chance to win a FREE 55-minute massage to use during the month of May!
Best of luck, and happy sleeping...