Our First Therapist Thursday: Engage w/ the Team & Win Upgrades
John L. Pantera Mar 28, 2013
Today marks the beginning of our Therapist Thursdays! This week's question was “What are some simple stretches you can do at work?”
Here are 3 different answers from my team:
1. Simply, from a standing position with knees locked or slightly bent try to touch toes or at least knees then shins then toes as a goal. Perform two times a day, hold for 20-30 seconds.This stretch immediately helps to stretch the lower back and hamstrings. Best done during the day or evening.
2. Back in my office days, I did the following at least once an hour to help keep me from getting overly tight working at a computer:
- Knitting the fingers together and stretching the arms forward, palms out. Then slowly raising the arms overhead.
- Crossing the arms over the body, using the opposite hand to hug the arm closer to the chest.
- Grabbing each side of a door frame at shoulder height and stretching the torso forward.
3. Simple neck stretches: turning right and left, leaning the head right and left, chin to the chest, head tilted back. Repeat 5 times.
Engage in conversation with us on Facebook or Twitter and mention this week's topic for a chance to win our free upgrade for the week. The upgrade is your choice of free hot stones or extend a 55-minute massage to 80-minutes. Good luck!