Add Massage to Your Active Lifestyle
Nov 16, 2012
Regular massages not only help with relieving back pain, neck pain and other common ailments, but they can also help to reduce the mental and physical stress associated with strenuous workouts, while increasing your body’s circulation and range of motion.
Specifically, therapeutic massage can increase health and well-being of individuals with an active lifestyle by aiding in the following:
- Increasing circulation, which allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Improving range of motion.
- Relaxing and softening injured and overused muscles from repetitive training or intense competition.
- Reducing muscle spasms and cramping before and after a sporting event.
- Increasing joint flexibility.
Whether you are a competitive athlete, weekend warrior or routinely active individual, incorporating massage therapy into your training regimen is not only good for your mental health, but also for the health and wellness of your body’s muscles, joints and internal systems.