We all know that a massage can make you feel great. After all who wouldn't like getting pampered when feeling stressed out? What you may not realize is there are quite a few health benefits from receiving massage therapy including treating anxiety to even depression. Scientists have begun studying massage therapy to better understand its medical benefits and how it can help treat a variety of medical conditions. We wanted to present the top 10 facts on why a therapeutic massage is worth every penny. Receiving a massage can be about getting pampered and feeling relaxed but it could also save your life.
1) Massage therapy can enhance relaxation and reduces stress.
2) Massage therapy can help improve sleep, which plays a role in pain and healing.
3) Massage therapy can actually stimulate the release of certain chemicals in the body, such as serotonin or endorphins.
4) A therapeutic massage can increases delta waves — those linked with deep sleep.
5) A 15-minute chair massage is known to boost Alertness. Many say it feels like a runner’s high.
6) Therapeutic massage helps ward off bugs by boosting your “natural killer cells,” the immune system’s first line of defense against invading illnesses.
7) A study of 24 women with severe PMS found that therapeutic massage reduced symptoms such as pain, water retention, and mood swings.
8) Therapeutic massage can calm the nervous system and promote a sense of relaxation.
9) Massage therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.
10) Therapeutic massage can relieve migraine pain.