There’s more to massage than just relaxation and therapy. Most people know these common benefits of massage; it can help you relax, and repair sore and/or inflamed muscles, but they aren’t familiar with many of the other fantastic perks.
Here we share the Mostly Unknown Benefits of Massage!
- Massage Improves Circulation: The process of massage animates blood flow throughout your body, sending blood to your muscles and skin. Since it’s encouraging circulation to your skin, massage can also stimulate the smoothing of skin that has cellulite, and even prevent varicose veins. This improved circulation also lowers blood pressure, for better health overall.
- Massage Relieves Your Mood: More than just relaxing you, massage can actually help relieve negative emotions or conditions such as depression and anxiety. Massage reduces cortisol levels, which is a stress hormone that increases tension and blood pressure, while also raising levels of serotonin and dopamine to stabilize and soothe your mood.
- Massage Enhances Immunity: Studies have actually shown that massage helps to boost your immune system for better functionality when fighting disease. It increases the number of white blood cells that are actively fighting off colds, the flu, and other diseases or illnesses.
- Massage Makes You More Flexible: Since massage sessions increase nutrient flow to joints and muscles, as well as initiating circulation and movement, it can make you stronger and more flexible. This boosts your ability to recover from injury, and helps to prevent it overall.
- Massage Helps Energize: With its relaxation and mood improvement benefits, it’s no surprise that massage can help you sleep better. In addition, consistent massage sessions can help you feel more energetic. The improved circulation and revitalization of your blood flow and muscles can help you to stay more energized and invigorated.
Massage is beneficial for the body, mind, and spirit in more ways than just the ones we’ve listed above. Have you experienced other unexpected benefits of massage? Share them with us in a comment, below.