It used to be that cold and flu season was relegated to a specific time of year in the winter months. These days, it seems that many people are constantly sick and running on empty. One way you can help bolster your body’s own natural defense systems to ward off germs, illnesses, and other sicknesses is through the art of massage. As a way to lend a hand in strengthening your immune system’s function, massage is known to aid in:
- Lowering your body’s production of the stress hormone, cortisol which exacerbates sickness by destroying valuable immune cells
- Boosting blood flow and oxygen levels throughout your body for higher energy levels
- Increases circulation and production of body heat through optimizing blood vessel function
- Stimulates lymphatic system to promote proper removal of toxins and waste buildup
- Facilitates relaxation and release of anxiety
- Increases production of feel-good hormones like dopamine and serotonin
Human touch and massage can help stimulate your body’s natural immune system function to deter sickness and help keep you feeling your best. As a way to ward of germ season, massage also boasts many benefits in terms of helping promote a mind and body wellness that seeks out an inner sense of calm.
The next time you are feeling low on energy, creative focus, or just run down in general, you may be leaving yourself susceptible to getting sick. Instead, book a session with one of our talented massage therapists to help address your needs and reinvigorate your sense of wellness.