Alleviate Holiday Stress with Massage
Dec 5, 2016
We all know that regular massage feels good, but more and more studies are showing that massage is also good for you. Just one massage has the ability to reduce stress and improve overall health and happiness. So while you are out running around this holiday season, consider stopping in for a little “me” time at Elements Massage and realize the natural benefits of massage therapy. Here are 5 reasons why you should be incorporating massage into your busy schedule.
1. Massage is proven to reduce stress—Massage has been shown to lower your heart rate, cortisol, and insulin levels, which are all linked to stress. Just one massage is a natural, healthy way to reduce the level of stress you feel.
2. Massage keeps you relaxed—Even after your massage has ended you will continue to reap the benefits, including an elevated feeling of relaxation, improved mood, and reduced stress. Allowing you to better combat the shopping madness.
3. Massage improves immune system functioning— Holiday season also means cold and flu season. Give yourself an extra boost this year, regular massage has been shown to strengthen your body’s overall immune functioning.
4. Massage increases flexibility—Improve range of motion and fluidity in your joints and connective tissues with massage. Sedentary activities can make joints less flexible and leave you feeling stiff, even first thing in the morning. Jump start your New Year’s resolutions by improving mobility and promoting an active lifestyle.
5. Massage relieves headaches— Feel that headache coming on already? Massage can decrease existing pain and reduce the chance of developing a headache in the first place by relaxing your muscles and deploying trigger point therapies during a session.
In addition to helping you, massage makes for the perfect gift for everyone on your list. Simplify your shopping this year and get them a gift that is actually personal. Elements Massage cards are available at the lowest price of the year – you can buy 2, 1-hour sessions for just $129. Stop by the studio or purchase online.