Swing Back into the School Groove with Routine Massage Therapy
As the dog days of summer slowly fade away and the busy days of back to school season push full speed ahead, your routine can quickly switch from lazy summer afternoons to carpools, after school activities and homework assignments. Before your family calendar fills itself to the brim with school functions this fall, homecoming events and holiday parties, make sure to pencil in some restoration and relaxation time for yourself by scheduling monthly massage appointments for the next 3-6 months. Taking time out of your busy schedule to focus on you is not only good for your health and well-being, but your improved mood and increased energy levels can rub off on those around you as well. It’s a win-win for both you and your family!
Back to School = Back to Routine
Routine is essential when you’re focusing on maintaining your health and wellness. As you plan out the remainder of 2011 and look forward to the new year, now is a great time to get into the habit of reducing stress and enhancing your lifestyle with massage at Elements Richland.
Industry research suggests that many diseases are stress related and high stress can be a leading contributor to accelerating the aging process of our bodies, both internally and externally. Regularly scheduled massage sessions make it easy for you to dedicate yourself to a healthy and happy lifestyle by allowing you to take time out for yourself on a monthly basis to maintain reduced stress and increased energy levels. A consistent massage routine will leave you feeling restored, invigorated and vibrant.
Back to School = Back to Health
According to a September 2010 study published by The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Swedish massage produces measurable biological effects and may have a positive effect on the immune system. Rapaport MH, Schettler P, Bresee C. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. 2010;16(10):1–10.
Increasing your immune system is important during the fall season, especially for teachers and families returning back to school as germs can run wild along school hallways and inside classrooms. Incorporating massage into your back to school routine can help you maintain a stronger immune system during cold and flu season, thereby reducing missed days at work and school.
Back to School = Back to Massage
It never hurts to be reminded of all the wonderful benefits of receiving massage and body work treatments on a consistent and regular basis. According to American Bodywork and Massage Professionals (www.abmp.com), massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach to well-being based on the body's natural ability to heal itself.
Massage has many benefits, such as:
* Increases circulation, which allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
* Stimulates the lymph system, the body's natural defense, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
* Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is incorporated in treatment for chronic illnesses, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
* Improves range of motion and decreases discomfort associated with lower back pain.
* Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
* Reduces muscle spasms and cramping.
* Increases joint flexibility.
* Reduces recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent risk of muscle strain.
* Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
* Reduces post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduces and realigns scar tissue after healing has occurred.
* Contributes to shorter labor, reduces the need for medications and supports a quicker recovery.
As you get back into the swing of things this fall, remember to get back into massage.
At Elements Therapeutic Massage Richland, each massage is individually customized to best fit your health and wellness regimen. Contact our Elements Tri-City location to schedule your appointment today.