Give Your Immunity a Boost with Massage
Elements Massage Piney Creek Sep 17, 2015
As we prepare to head into fall, cold and flu season is right around the corner. To boost your body’s natural defense system, massage is an excellent tool to help maintain and promote how well your immune system functions. Similar to how frequent exercise strengthens your muscles, regular massage can help your immune system work optimally to keep you healthy and on your feet.
The many benefits of massage include:
- Increases oxygenation of your blood cells for more nutrient rich blood
- Boosts your body’s circulation and therefore increases the removal of toxins that can build up in your muscles
- Promotes relaxation and reduces physical symptoms of stress
- Lowers the production of cortisol, the stress hormone that can destroy your immune cells and leave you susceptible to getting sick
- Stimulates your lymphatic system to help you ward off germs or infection
- Facilitates release of anxiety
- Increases production of good hormones, like dopamine and serotonin
The next time you are feeling run down or tired, book a session with us to help you get back on to the path of health and wellness and into a better place to fight off the colds, flu, and other illnesses that surround us on a daily basis.
Human touch is a powerful aid in keeping you healthy and the art of massage is one of the best methods in helping you safely navigate the world of flu season. Plus it can also promote a sense of mind and body wellbeing to help keep you feeling calm, centered, and confident to take on life!