This is the 3rd and final post in our series about your first massage experience. In this post we are going to focus on what will happen after your session has come to an end.
- The therapist will leave the room and give you a chance to get dressed in private.
- It is best not to sit straight up and jump off the table as soon as the door closes. Your body needs a couple seconds to get ready to move again. Give yourself time to sit up and "get your bearings" before getting on your way. (This is another reason it is good not to be in a hurry to get somewhere directly following your massage.)
- Your therapist will be back shortly and will have some recommendations based on what he/she found during your session. These recommendations could range from stretching to when to come back for your next session. This is also a good time to ask any questions you have.
- What will I look like after my massage? Can I go about my day as normal? If you need to make sure your hair or makeup doesn't get messed up during your session you should address that at the beginning during your intake interview. If at any point during your session you were face down with your face in the cradle, you will likely have some small crease lines in your face for a short period of time, but they should be gone by the time you get where you are going next.
- How much should I tip? We recommend you think of your massage therapist as you would a waiter in a restaurant. They love what they do and your tip should reflect your appreciation for their service. Tipping percentages should be based on the full price of a regular massage. Remember, our therapists have a very physical job.
- Your therapist will give you a bottle of water as you are on your way out. We recommend that you not only finish that bottle, but drink plenty more as the day goes on.
There are a ton of questions out there, and I know this can't possibly answer all of them, but I hope it helps get you on your way to your first massage session. If you have any other questions please feel free to call our studio (317.222.5641 and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.