There are a variety of Massage specialized massage treatments therapists available to trained therapists. Of few of these are:
Aromatherapy + Massage = AromaRitual®
Elements Massage® Richland is pleased to introduce the AromaRitual®, a new one-of-a-kind massage + aromatherapy experience. Our unparalleled AromaRitual is designed to bring your mind and body into the present for a beautifully effective massage session.
This new service has been meticulously crafted to deliver a truly differentiated massage experience that features application of essential oils to powerful pulse points, traditional inhalation therapy, and more.
Elements Massage has partnered with Shankara, a 2017 iSPA Innovate Award winner, to develop exclusive aromatherapy essences, all with distinct benefits:
- Energize* – Comprised of lemon, ginger and geranium, Energize provides a stimulating and invigorating experience that uplifts the senses while providing balance and purification for a deep cleanse.
- Calm* – Lavender, nutmeg and black pepper come together for a treatment that is not only nurturing and relaxing, but also actively relieves muscle pain and headaches.
- Refresh* – Eucalyptus, peppermint and patchouli are combined for an enlivened, yet balanced soothing experience. This naturally purifying and cooling scent freshens the air and supports deeper breathing for total relaxation.
In addition to the individual benefits of each essence, incorporating aromatherapy into your massage session can lead to better after effects; essential oils bring the mind into the present to help the physical body respond. Whether you prefer the bright notes of citrus or relaxing properties of lavender, choosing your essence based on how you’re feeling at the present time will give you the best results.
Take a deep breath and enhance your next massage session with the AromaRitual, an aromatic renewal of the mind and body.
Integrative Reflexology® is a natural healing method that can deliver a wide array of benefits, including improved digestion, circulation, relaxation and pain relief. By applying pressure to key points on the feet also incorporating traditional massage practices during your 90-minute massage session, your massage therapist can help balance your body, inside and out.
Who Can Benefit?
Integrative Reflexology® can benefit almost anyone who wants to experience a very deep level of relaxation and/or address swelling in feet and lower limbs. This massage modality is based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands, and ears that correspond to the glands, organs and other key systems of the body. By working with the more than 100,000 nerve endings on the bottom of the feet, Integrative Reflexology® allows your massage therapist to enhance the relaxation and benefits of traditional massage practices and further address muscular tension.
Why the feet:
-reflexology works through the nervous system (nerve endings in the feet)
- reflexology works through meridians
- reflexology works through reflexes
- it's the foundation of the body
- reduces stress
- provides structural alignment/pain relief
- maintains homeostasis, helps to restore balance in other words
- releases toxins (gravity pulls toxins down to feet).
Himalayan Salt Stone
What is Himalayan Salt Stone Massage?
Himalayan Salt Stone Massage incorporates the use of salt crystals mined from the foothills of the Himalayas that are hand carved into stones. There are 84 inherent mineral elements contained in the salt crystals, which lends numerous possible healing properties for the human body, both inside and out.
Benefits of Himalayan Salt Stone Massage
- Increase blood circulation
- Reduce inflammation
- Improve sleep
- Induce deep relaxation
- Improve overall sense of well -being
- Restore depleted minerals to the skin, thereby softening and moisturizing it
- Reduce signs of aging
- Clean and purify the air and may balance the ions in the surrounding environment.
Hot Stone Massage
Relaxing into a perfectly cozy Elements Massage™ table is quite possibly the most ahhhhhhh moment you can have. Knowing you are about to experience the best massage in the industry provides a mental state of bliss that lets your body release all tension and stress. This is the moment you work so hard for.
There is only one thing that can make this moment more relaxing: hot stone massage. An ancient Chinese technique, hot stone massage is the perfect modality to soothe, relax and de-stress on the massage table.
Basalt stones are heated to approximately 125-135 degrees prior to your session. After warming your body with some traditional Swedish massage techniques, your massage therapist will use the stones as an extension of their hands to massage your muscles. The stones will warm your body and loosen your muscles to allow for a release of tension and stress without adding extra pressure. The feeling is both highly relaxing and therapeutic.
Hot stone massage can be very beneficial for more than just loosening muscles. Many clients will benefit through an elevated mood and strengthened circulation that comes from the heat of the stones creating greater blood flow. Hot stone massage is great if you’ve just gotten over a head cold or you just need to escape the daily grind and want to rejuvenate your mind and body. Utilizing the hot stone techniques also can aid in relieving chronic aches and pains that never seem to really go away.
For many clients cupping is an extremely pleasurable experience, although it can feel mildly uncomfortable for some. It should never feel moderately uncomfortable or rise above the client’s pain threshold. You will need to communicate well with your client to achieve the desired results for each individual. People often report that cupping benefits remain noticeable for a longer period of time than most other treatment styles. The speed in which clients feel improvement is remarkable!
A single treatment has the potential to improve physical conditions that have been long term problems for the client. However, a series of treatments will have cumulative effects and will be even more beneficial with each successive treatment when clients continue to receive cupping on a regular basis.
Cupping is helpful in battling general malaise, depression, headaches, anxiety, body pain, fatigue, endogenous high blood pressure, neuralgia, and various forms of rheumatism (there are more than 100 different rheumatic conditions. Some examples are osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, lupus, spinal stenosis, spondyloarthritis, scleroderma and many more.
- Expands the blood vessels in the skin which increases:
- Blood Circulation
- Increased blood flow provides fresh oxygen and nutrients to the tissue.
- Suction increases removal of metabolic build-up such as lactic acid
- Facilitates the removal of congestion from joints, attachments, and other musculoskeletal structures.
- Helps to resolve chronic/stubborn joint conditions.
- Increases metabolic processes due to the improvement of circulation. This effect begins within minutes of beginning the cupping session and the effect becomes more and more prominent with continued treatments.
- An increase of white blood cell activity.
- When proper technique is used it improves lymphatic drainage.
- Improves the body’s ability to cleanse and fight disease.
- Negative pressure creates a gentle pulling action that stimulates the nerves of the skin and muscles.
- Hypersensitive pain is reduced in the areas directly treated and other areas affected by those nerve pathways.
- Simulates the inside walls of the stomach and intestines improving peristalsis and digestive fluid secretions.
- Positive effects on chronic gastrointestinal disorders and overall constitution.
- Cupping can break up and effect change in lung congestion via proper application to the upper back and chest.
- Cupping can aid in client's/patient's ability to breathe more deeply through work with the diaphragm, intercostals, scalenes, and sternocleidomastoid (some of the other neck muscles are considered accessory muscles of respiration as well).