Inflammation can be caused by many different things. From exercise and activities, lifestyle and diet, or chronic conditions, regardless of the cause, massage can help reduce inflammation. This is why many individuals routinely include regular massage therapy sessions into their regular routines.
A recent study, examined how taxed and inflamed muscles respond to massage. Two key takeaways include:
- Muscles that received immediate massage treatment produces fewer cytokines, the regulators of the inflammatory response known to cause soreness and swelling.
- The same muscles also contained more mitochondria - responsible for producing energy at the cellular level.
In addition to aiding the body in being able to recover faster with less muscle soreness, massage also boasts the following therapeutic benefits:
- Reduces muscle pain and tension
- Less stress and anxiety
- Increases range of motion
- Promotes immune system function
- Nurtures mind and body connection
- Boosts energy levels
- Increases ability to focus
- Promotes relaxation
These key points combined with the reduction in toxins in the blood stream make massage an excellent strategy for reducing inflammation. Come experience the recovery-promoting powers of massage at our professional studio and allow our knowledgeable staff to enable you to feel your best.