TOP TEN FACTS ON WHY A THERAPEUTIC MASSAGE IS WORTH EVERY PENNY
Jun 10, 2013
So we all know that a massage can make you feel great. After all who wouldn’t like getting pampered when feeling stressed out? What you may not realize is there are actually quite a few health benefits of getting a massage from treating anxiety to even depression. Scientists have now begun to study massage to better understand its medical benefits and how it can help treat a variety of medical conditions. Elements Therapeutic Massage of Middleton wanted to present the top 10 facts on why a therapeutic massage is worth every penny. Although a massage can be about getting pampered and feeling relaxed in actuality it could save your life. Please let us know if you agree with the facts presented below by posting a comment underneath this blog.
1) Massage therapy can enhance relaxation and reduces stress.
2) Massage can help improve sleep, which has a role in pain and healing.
3) Massage can actually stimulate the release of certain chemicals in the body, such as serotonin or endorphins.
4) A therapeutic massage can increases delta waves — those linked with deep sleep.
5) A 15-minute chair massage is known to boost Alertness. Many say it feels like a runner’s high.
6) Massage helps ward off bugs by boosting your “natural killer cells,” the immune system’s first line of defense against invading illness.
7) A small study of 24 women with severe PMS found that massage reduced symp¬toms such as pain, water retention, and mood swings.
8) Massage can calm the nervous system and promote a sense of relaxation.
9) Massage therapy can help with pain management in conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, muscle spasms.
10) Massage can relieve migraine pain.
So what are you waiting for isn’t it time you treat your body like a temple? After all you are the one that has to live in every day. Call Us Today