Top 10 Benefits Of Lymphatic Massage
Alternative Medicine Zone Sep 23, 2012
Lymphatic massage is a form of therapy which was created to encourage healthy lymph nodes through massage. The lymph nodes are crucial to one’s immune system, because through it passes a liquid that protects the body from viruses and other infections.
It was developed in the 1930’s and has long been recognized as a very effective method of therapy and treatment for a number of health conditions.
Various causes can attribute to blockages in the lymph system. Some of these include a poor diet, surgery, fatigue, lack of sleep, and reactions to various medications.
If you are feeling sick, you should give lymphatic massage a try. Just like other forms of massages, it guarantees to relieve you of pain and relax your body and mind. Here are the benefits of having a lymphatic massage:
- The lymphatic massage focuses on eliminating blockages in the lymph systems, which is important in helping one feel healthy and have a stronger immune system.
- Having a clear and healthy lymphatic system is also crucial to the good functioning of the body’s other systems, as it allows the lymph fluid to flow freely and provide protection and circulation.
- Lymphatic massage is also recommended before surgery, as it ensures that the lymph system is healthy. Likewise, it is also used after surgery to reduce swelling caused by the operation.
- Lymphatic massage is a non-invasive form of holistic treatment that can be used by anyone to keep their systems healthy and in good condition. However, if you have existing diseases or infections you should abstain from getting this type of massage treatment because it can promote the spread of the infection through the body.
- Lymphatic massage is also used as therapy for overall well-being, even if you are not sick or suffering of anything.
- Some lymphatic massage practitioners offer breast massage, as lymph nodes are also located in these areas, to provide relief from the pain that is brought about by changes in breast tissue as a result of pregnancy.
- It can be used to treat a number of illnesses including: colds, allergies, joint pain, sports injuries, appetite deficiencies, headaches, fatigue, and cellulite.
- Lymphatic massage is an effective way to stay healthy at the onset of flu season. Simply go to a practitioner and one or a few sessions of therapy will ensure your immune system is strong enough to fight the flu virus during the remainder of the season. There is no additional need to take pills or use special equipment because it is a holistic approach and non-invasive.
- Unlike other types of massage treatments that use high pressure, lymphatic massage is very delicate and gentle, so one never experiences pain. The vessels of the lymph system are located right under the skin, so not much pressure is required to provide relief and unblock the system.
- There are various forms of lymphatic massage available. Also, the sessions do not focus on only one part of the body because lymph nodes are located throughout, such as in the armpit, breast, neck, and groin.