The benefits of prenatal massage are numerous. Here are just a few:
- Contributing to shorter labor and reduced tearing for expectant mothers, as well as lessening the need for medication, minimizing depression and anxiety and shortening hospital stays.
- Enhancing the production of t-cells in the mother and the baby. T-cells are part of the body’s immune system.
- Decreases edema in the lower extremities by increasing circulation.
- Increasing circulation, allowing the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Specific techniques can reduce pregnancy discomforts, concerns and enhance the physiological and emotional well being of both mother and baby.
- Skilled, appropriate touch facilitates labor, shortening labor times and easing pain and anxiety.
- In the postpartum period, specialized techniques rebalance structure, physiology and emotions of the new mother that may help her to bond with and care for her infant.