You can receive numerous benefits from a professional massage, many more benefits than you probably realize.
The Definition of Massage
Massage is the application of methodical manual pressure and movement to the body’s soft tissue, skin, ligaments, tendons and fascia. It promotes lymph and blood flow, which promotes healing, stimulating the nerves, relieving tension, stretching and loosening connective tissue and muscles. This helps them to maintain their elasticity.
What a Professional Massage Can Do for You:
1. Massage opens your blood vessels. This improves your circulation and helps relieve any congestion you might have. It can also increase your red blood cells. This is especially helpful if you are prone to having low blood iron (anemia).
2. A massage will also reduce your body’s waste products like carbonic and lactic acid. These acids build up in your muscles. They cause you to have cramping and make you feel uncomfortable.
3. It also enhances your immune system, while aiding in the recovery of any injuries you may have to your soft tissues.
4. When you get a massage, it mechanically cleanses your body. It pushes along your lymph, which is the fluid that cleans out your body. This hastens the elimination of toxic debris and wastes from your body.
5. It increases your blood supply, allowing nutrition to reach your muscles without adding any toxic acids to them. These toxic acids are produced through your voluntary muscle contractions while exercising. Because of this, massage helps you overcome the harmful ‘fatigue’ that can result from strenuous activity.
6. Massage improves your muscle tone and helps you delay or even prevent the muscle deterioration that can occur because of inactivity. It also relaxes your muscles and helps to eliminate any muscle spasms you may be experiencing.
7. A lymphatic massage can help get rid of any extra fluid you have in your arms and legs.
8. If your activity is limited, massage can help relieve the strain on your heart.
9. While you are receiving a massage, you may fall asleep. This is because massages have a sedative, exhausting or stimulating effect on your nervous system.
10. Some believe that massage is able to burst the fat capsules that are located in your subcutaneous tissue. If this is true, this means that your fat would become absorbed. Therefore, when massage is combined with exercise and proper nutrition, it can actually help you to lose weight!
11. There is a therapeutic massage technique known as Transverse Massage. It separates your muscle fibers, which will undo and prevent adhesions from forming as well as reduce the formation of fibroids.
12. Massage also helps improve the nutrition and circulation of your joints. This eliminates the harmful particles floating in your joints’ synovial fluid. By lessening the swelling in your joints’ you will have pain relief.
13. The metabolism of your tissue is also heightened when you get a massage.
14. It also empties your body’s channels and larger ducts. This decreases the autointoxication that results from your body re-absorbing toxic materials in these channels. This kind of problem routinely occurs when you have any kind of inflammation problems or suffer from constipation.
15. Massage is also invaluable to maintaining physical fitness. There is no other individual health technique more versatile than massage.
As you can see, there is much more to a massage than you may have originally thought. If you have never had a massage, you might want to consider scheduling one. A professional massage may be just what you need to relieve your everyday stress and help your maintain your body's overall health.