When searching for a killer combination to help balance your spiritual, physical, and emotional being, look no further than the mighty duo of yoga and massage. Both activities alone boast a wide range of benefits that contribute to your overall wellbeing but when paired together, can unite to help achieve a harmony that allows your lifestyle to sing.
There are several different options when it comes to selecting a type of yoga to engage in. Depending upon what your goals are, a few of the most popular forms include:
- Hatha - One of the gentlest types of yoga, this format involves plenty of breath work and slow stretching movements.
- Ashtanga - The most intense form, Ashtanga yoga is also sometimes referred to as power yoga and is full of difficult poses at a quick pace.
- Vinyasa - Involving plenty of deep muscle stretching and holds, Vinyasa is a great slow movement workout.
- Bikrim - Performed in a heated room, Bikrim yoga encourages the release of toxins through sweat while working on flexibility issues.
The type of massage you prefer is subject to your goals. With a range of massage modalities that can address individual needs, here’s a brief introduction to several popular types:
- Swedish – A great place for starters, Swedish massage focusing on gentle movements to relax and rejuvenate the mind and body.
- Deep Tissue – Working on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, this intense massage form helps release deep-seated tension and stress.
- Sports – An excellent treatment to recover after vigorous exercise, Sports massage concentrates on areas of your body that need attention after activity.
- Trigger Point – Another form that concentrates on areas of tension that cause issues with mobility and pain, Trigger Point massage helps distribute muscle knots for greater range of motion and comfort.
Selecting your own personal pairing of massage is yoga depends on what you are looking for but regardless of your choices, we are sure that you will feel great after embarking on yoga and massage routine!