Careers at Elements Massage™
Job Description – Massage Therapist
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing the industry’s best therapeutic massage in a professional and inviting environment where clients experience the Elements difference.
To achieve this goal, the Massage Therapist is responsible for adhering to established “Service Path” procedures and processes to ensure a flawless “Elements Experience” including but not limited to:
- Arrive on time to ensure you have plenty of time to prepare for your first client
- Dress in uniform (clean, neat and professional). Refrain from scented lotions, aromatherapy or perfumes.
- Check- in with SCSS /office manager upon arrival
- Greet every client with a smile. Greet them by their first name and shake their hand.
- Using the intake process, gather information to develop a treatment plan together then educate them on what to expect during the session.
- Begin and end massages on time
- Follow draping and pre-natal protocols
- During session check in with client to make sure pressure is adequate at least three times. Once within the first 5 minutes, once at the half way point and once during the final 10 minutes.
- Following the session, debrief with the client and make recommendations for a client’s return visit using the provided Reschedule Recommendation Card
- Write accurate and timely SOAP notes before leaving studio.
- Be courteous and professional with all clients. If at any time you feel uncomfortable during a session, stop the session and let the studio manager know immediately.
- Be professional and quiet both when in massage session and when not in massage session. If you have to talk to your co-workers do so in the break room.
- When not in session, complete downtime checklist.
- Follow end of shift room and studio procedures.
- Assist with keeping studio clean. Always leave the treatment room at the end of the day like you found it (or cleaner)
- Inform manager of any changes of address/phone, continuing education, etc.
- Maintain licensure, CEU requirements and current liability insurance.
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations and Element’s privacy practices.
- Actively participate in staff meetings
- Communicate effectively with coworkers
- Provide timely and appropriate communication with studio management
- Be flexible
- Other duties as assigned
- Looking for seasoned professionals and new Massage School Graduates
- Variety of modality skills needed- Deep Tissue, Sports, Swedish, Trigger Point, Myofascial, Pre-natal, Hot stone. (Pre-Natal and Hot Stone require certification). You do not need all these skills. We offer training to help you gain new skills and certifications.
- Customer service skills
- Ability to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment
- Valid license and current liability insurance. (We can help you obtain this)
Please email Resume to: email@example.com