Melissa | Level 3
- Deep Tissue
- Hot Stone
"Mel" has been an avid continuing education student since receiving her license, first in Arizona, and now in Washington State since 2007.
Mel's objective is to use her wealth of experience and training in the wellness healthcare industry to communicate with her clients to discover their needs, and then user her many talents and skills to help her clients find balance and ease.
- Mel graduated from Tempe, Arizona's Biolink Therapy Systems massage program in 2004
- Pima Medical Institute (Mesa, AZ) Physical Therapy Tech Program
- Desert Song Yoga Center's Yoga Instructor Program
Most Experience Treating:
"People come limping in to see me in so much pain from sciatica. It rules their lives, but after spending weekly sessions with me for about a month or so, they come bouncing in, smiling. This is often the last time I see them. Although I believe that regularly scheduled massage would benefit them, I am also happy to see that sciatica no longer debilitates them or prevents them from living their lives as they wish."
What makes your massages unique?
"I set a nurturing environment with the highest respect for the person, their needs, and their comfort level."
What Continued Education courses interest you?
- Body talk
- Mastering Cranio-Sacral Therapy
Completed Continued Education courses:
- Pima Medical Institute - Physical Therapy Technician (2001)
- Bolink Therapeutic Institute - 500 hour massage therapy program (2002)
- Bolink Therapeutic Institute - 250 hour advanced massage therapy program (2003)
- Desert Song Yoga - 200 hour certified yoga instructor (2005)
- Certified Reiki Master (2008)
Additional Courses / Workshops:
- Thai yoga
What do you most appreciate when receiving massage?
"I appreciate exactly what I give in massage - a nurturing environment with a person that listens to my needs."
What keeps you passionate about massage therapy?
"Knowing I can have a positive effect on someone's day keeps my passion alive. It's these little things that make my world a better place."
Preferred Provider for: