Message Therapist Job Duties and Responsibilties
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Massage Therapist is responsible for providing the industry’s best therapeutic massage in a professional and inviting environment where clients experience the Elements difference.
To achieve this goal, the Massage Therapist is responsible for adhering to established “Service Path” procedures and processes to ensure a flawless “Elements Experience” including but not limited to:
Arrive on time to ensure you have plenty of time to prepare for your first client
- Dress in uniform (clean, neat and professional). Refrain from scented lotions, aromatherapy or perfumes.
- Check- in with SCSS /office manager upon arrival
- Greet every client with a smile. Greet them by their first name and shake their hand.
- Using the intake process, gather information to develop a treatment plan together then educate them on what to expect during the session.
- Begin and end massages on time
- Follow draping and pre-natal protocols
- During session check in with client to make sure pressure is adequate at least three times. Once within the first 5 minutes, once at the half way point and once during the final 10 minutes.
- Following the session, debrief with the client and make recommendations for a client’s return massage visit using the provided Reschedule Recommendation Card
- Write accurate and timely SOAP notes before leaving studio.
- Be courteous and professional with all clients. If at any time you feel uncomfortable during a session, stop the session and let the studio manager know immediately.
- Be professional and quiet both when in massage session and when not in massage session. If you have to talk to your co-workers do so in the break room.
- Follow end of shift room and studio procedures.
- Assist with keeping studio clean. Always leave the treatment room at the end of the day like your found it (or cleaner)
- Inform manager of any changes of address/phone, continuing education, etc.
- Maintain licensure, CEU requirements and current liability insurance.
- When not in session, complete downtime checklist.
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations and Element’s privacy practices.
- Actively participate in staff meetings
- Communicate effectively with coworkers
- Provide timely and appropriate communication with studio management
- Be flexible
- Other duties as assigned
- List minimum experience required
- Customer service skills
- Ability to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment
- Valid licensure (if applicable) and current liability insurance
- Valid driver’s license*
- Up to date Auto Insurance*
*Only if the employee will be driving on behalf of the company