10 Reasons to Get A Massage
Julia Trainor LMT,RCA Nov 15, 2014
- Stimulate and Detoxify the Body: The lymph system is the body's natural defense against toxins and impurities. Massage Therapy stimulates the flow of toxic waste from the muscles, organs and tissues for improved health and digestion.
- Relax Muscle Tension and Improve Flexibility: Massage Therapy stimulates blood circulation increasing oxygen and nutrient flow to connective tissue and muscles. This helps remove adhesions in the muscles as well as lubricate joints for increased flexibility.
- Recover From Injury Faster: Massage Therapy can break up scar tissue for more efficient movement. It can improve functional abilities and range of motion.
- Improve Posture: Massage Therapy can improve posture by helping to train muscles to be in the right position allowing for better support to our structure.
- Prevent Injury or Illness: Tense muscles tighten and pull the body out of alignment and restrict circulation. Regular Massage Therapy can increase circulation and relax the body to prevent chronic conditions from taking hold.
- Enhance and Maintain Good Health: Massage Therapy is to the human body what a tune up is to a car. It helps to reduce heart rate, lowers blood pressure and strengthens immunity by boosting lymphocytes.
- Improves Attitude and Increases Alertness: You cant help but feel good after a massage leading to a more positive disposition. Massage Therapy also stimulates brain wave activity.
- Relieves Pain: Massage Therapy helps block the nervous systems pain receptors and increases blood flow to the muscles. It can increase mobility to the joints to help reduces arthritis pain, ease the pain of migraines, pregnancy, cancer and fibromyalgia.
- Reduces Stress: Massage Therapy calms the body and relaxes the mind helping to reduce stress by lowering cortisol levels. Considering the detrimental effect of stress on your body, this can lead to a major difference in your overall well being.
- It Feels Wonderful: Any one who has had a massage can attest that you feel like a new person afterwards. In addition to all the health benefits listed above Massage Therapy boosts endorphins, the same hormone associated with a runners high. If you have never had a professional massage, now is the time to try!