Michele Merhib is the founder of Elements Therapeutic Massage, one of the fastest-growing massage therapy franchises in America.
What is now a national brand began when Merhib had a dream to own a small business as a certified massage therapist. She started by renting space in a local country club where she set up a massage table and a massage chair to serve a number of regular customers. Then she went out on her own, opening a full-fledged retail location in Aurora, Colo. The success of her Aurora massage studio soon spawned a second location in Centennial, Colo. containing 45 employees, and more than 1,300 massage sessions a month.
Soon Merhib was considering how to franchise her concept. In November of 2006, she joined Fitness Together Franchise Corporation, a one-on-one personal training franchise, and launched her business nationwide.
Merhib recently sold her three Elements Therapeutic Massage franchise locations to her business partner. She now focuses her attention on her role as founder. She is working closely with massage schools across the country to ensure the successful employment of massage school graduates. As a massage therapist herself, Merhib has contributed greatly to Elements' mission to be the Employer of Choice for massage professionals.
Merhib's latest accomplishments include:
- Recently completed 4 massage-industry book reviews with 3 national publishers
- Served as a panelist at ABMP's School Educators Forum in 2007 and 2011
- Is a 2013 Massage Therapy Hall of Fame Inductee
- Has been invited to sit on National Cortiva President's Panel
- Created National Hiring Agreements with Anthem, Cortiva and Corinthian/Everest
- Is a speaker at Denver School of Massage Therapy (Aurora & Westminster campuses), Anthem Colleges (Colorado and Wisonsin campuses), as well as many independently owned massage schools
- Has been published and quoted in: Massage & Bodywork Magazine, Massage Therapy Journal, Entrepeneur Magazine for Women, and Fox Business Online
Top Read: Merhib's story on what she has learned through turning loss into opportunity.