Availability: Rotating Saturdays & Sundays and every Thursday & Friday
- Medical Massage Certified (MMP)
- Treatment, Whiplash
- Sports Injury
- Animal Massage (horses, dogs, cats)
- Cancer Patients
- Pain Reduction/Increase ROM
- Deep Tissue, Trigger Point, Stress Point, Release Facsia
"Bodywork has taught me how important it is to care of ourselves. Stretching, water, movement, rest and relaxation are all important. Our bodies teach us so much about our needs if we listen. I learned from working with animals that self-care is essential to life energies. Life is full of daily challenges; fun, fears, faults and faith. We are part of life's energy forces here on earth and I try hard to be respectful of all energy forces, no matter how small. "
- Seattle Massage School. Graduated in 1995.
Most Experience Treating:
- Neck Injuries, Work-related Injuries
- Geriatrics, Children
- Sports Injuries, Whiplash
- Animals (horses, dogs, cats)
- Pregnancy Massage
- Cancer Patients, Managing Pain & Reducing Stress
"My grandmother gave me the opportunity to work on her frozen shoulder. She was 96 at the time. I did a variety of techniques to reduce her pain and increase her range of motion. Slowly her pain lessened and her range of motion increased. She lived to be 104 and I know the bodywork she received over 20 years helped her to be more active and live with less pain."
What makes your massages unique?
"I listen to what your voice tells me but I also listen to what your body tells me. My bodywork interest started with my horse. She had fears and anxiety. I learned to quiet her fears and she learned to calm down and trust me. I learned to watch her body and breath. She spoke without words and I work intuitively from that foundation. Animals are great teachers and so are people."
What Continued Education courses interest you?
- Animal Massage Certification
- Cupping Therapy
- Children, PTSD, & Crime Victims (CVC)
Complete Continuing Education Courses:
- Medical Massage (MMP) 2010
- NMT, Upper Extremities (not certified)
- Somatic Unwinding
- Insurance Billing
What do you most appreciate when receiving massage:
"A therapist who is paying attention to my specific needs at that time."
What keeps you passionate about massage therapy?
"Passive movement of muscles allows the body to cleanse, heal and create new muscle memories. Bodywork allows the body to experience itself in a different way. The benefits and the power of massage therapy have been known for hundreds of years. Body work is all about improving what you have and creating more balance and continuity in your life. It's a privilege to help all living beings improve their bodies to live a life filled with more balance, comfort, and ease. I appreciate the gifts I receive from all you. I'm grateful to assist all of you to live in harmony with yourself."Karen (Kalena) Rutledge, LMT, MA00008200
(425) 427 - 6562
* By giving us your e-mail address you are signing up for our mailing list. Your privacy is important to us: Elements will not sell, give, or rent your personal information to anyone. To unsubscribe from our e-mail communications, or to receive less or more information, you can select a link at the bottom of every e-mail.