Elements Massage Harrisburg
5072 Jonestown Road Suite 3
Harrisburg, PA 17112
We offer an opportunity to join an established practice with an experienced team, while offering a great wage, health, dental and vision benefits for full time staff, and flexible scheduling.
Benefits we provide:
- Health Benefits for full time positions
- A competitive starting pay
- Paid CEUs- online and in person
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Flexible scheduling, including an option for every other weekend off
- Booking, supplies and a fun, creative, supportive environment
- Pension profit sharing
We will provide everything you need to be successful:
- A safe professional environment
- Administrative support
- Discounted Liability Insurance
- Valid licensure for Pennsylvania and current liability insurance
- Customer service skills
- Ability to remain flexible in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to obtain clear background check
We are a growing therapeutic massage studio and are seeking responsible Therapeutic Massage Therapists to join our team. Recent graduates are welcome to apply. We will invest in your personal and professional growth by providing ongoing training and have designed this position with you in mind.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Elements Massage Therapist is responsible for providing a safe and trusting environment where clients experience the Elements difference.We are the #1 choice for the industry’s best therapeutic massage in a professional and inviting setting.
To achieve this goal, the Massage Therapist is responsible for creating trust and safety for the clients and public.
- Arrive on time to ensure you have plenty of time to prepare for your first client
- Dress in uniform (clean, neat and professional). Refrain from scented lotions, aromatherapy or perfumes.
- Check- in with front desk and leadership team upon arrival
- Greet every client with a smile. Greet them by their first name and shake their hand.
- Using the intake process, gather information to develop a treatment plan together then educate them on what to expect during the session.
- Begin and end massages on time
- Follow draping and pre-natal protocols
- During session check in with client to make sure pressure is adequate at least three times. Once within the first 5 minutes, once at the half way point and once during the final 10 minutes.
- Following the session, debrief with the client and make recommendations for a client’s return visit using the provided Reschedule Recommendation Card
- Write accurate and timely SOAP notes before leaving studio.
- Be courteous and professional with all clients. If at any time you feel uncomfortable during a session, stop the session and let the studio manager know immediately.
- Be professional and quiet both when in massage session and when not in massage session. If you have to talk to your co-workers do so in the break room.
- When not in session, complete downtime checklist.
- Follow end of shift room and studio procedures.
- Assist with keeping studio clean. Always leave the treatment room at the end of the day like you found it (or cleaner)
- Inform manager of any changes of address/phone, continuing education, etc.
- Maintain licensure, CEU requirements and current liability insurance.
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations and/or applicable state privacy and security laws.
- Actively participate in staff meetings
- Communicate effectively with coworkers
- Provide timely and appropriate communication with studio management
- Be flexible
- Other duties as assigned
Because we are a therapeutic massage studio, you will be able to use your knowledge and training by working with a multitude of clients --- from athletes to pregnant women to clients with chronic issues such as herniated and bulging discs, fibromyalgia and chronic low back pain.
Minimum requirement is 3 shifts per week. Average shift length is 4 to 7 hours with the possibility of completing 4 to 6 massages in one day. We provide breaks as required by law and in accordance with Elements Policies depending on shift length. Must be available to work one evening shift and either a Saturday or Sunday.
Elements is a smoke free work environment.
Each Elements Massage® studio is independently owned and operated. Franchise owners (or their designated hiring managers) are solely responsible for all employment and personnel decisions and matters regarding their independently owned and operated studios, including hiring, direction, training, supervision, discipline, discharge, compensation (e.g., wage practices and tax withholding and reporting requirements), and termination of employment. Elements Therapeutic Massage, LLC (ETM) is not involved in, and is not responsible for, employment and personnel matters and decisions made by any franchise owner. All individuals hired by franchise owners’ studios are their employees, not those of ETM. Benefits vary by independently owned and operated Elements Massage® studios. Elements Massage® and Elements Massage + design are registered trademarks owned by ETM.