Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, Go Hand in Hand
Sep 2, 2014
Chiropractic care involves gentle techniques to mobilize your joints and relieve nerve pressure. Nerve and joint pressure cause muscles to tighten. Relieving nerve pressure alleviates or eliminates pain.
Massage therapy is important in the health of your muscles and the overall wellness of mind and body. It increases the effectiveness of chiropractic adjustments and helps relieve muscle pain.
- Radiating arm pain can be caused by pressure on one of the nerves in your neck and by tightness in your anterior neck muscles.
- A stiff neck can be due to a pinched nerve and spasms in your trapezius muscle from sleeping on the couch.
- Burning between the shoulder blades can be due to a misaligned vertebrae in your spine, causing poor posture and overly tight back muscles.
- Low back pain can be caused from lifting something heavy, which can trigger a severe muscle spasm. The reason it keeps happening, however, may be due to underlying spinal degeneration.
- Sciatic pain can be caused from pressure on a small muscle in your buttock called the piriformis and from pressure from a lumbar disc on one of your lumbar nerves.
Chiropractic care and massage therapy go hand in hand. It makes sense. Chiropractic treats your joints, makes sure your spine is aligned, and keeps pressure from building on your discs and nervous system. Since muscles are what make your spine move, massage therapy can further relieve stress and help you heal faster. Even though your body is made up many different parts and systems, true health only comes when they are all working at their highest potential!