Seasonal Recipe: Roasted Root Vegetables
Jennifer Vigil Jan 1, 2013
- 8 to 12 slender carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 8 to 12 baby turnips, peeled
- 6 to 8 potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise in halves
- 1 or 2 large parsnips, peeled, trimmed, and cut diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 or 2 medium onions, trimmed, peeled and halved, each 1/2 cut into quarters
- 1 or 2 large beets, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes bulbs, peeled and cut into thick wedges
- 1 celery root, trimmed and halved, halves cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 whole head garlic, separated into cloves and peeled
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, sage, or thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Put all the vegetables and the herb sprigs in a large baking dish. Season well with salt and black pepper, drizzle generously with olive oil, and toss them with your hands to coat them evenly.
Put the baking dish in the preheated oven and cook, stirring the vegetables occasionally, until they are tender and golden brown, about 45 minutes. Serve the vegetables from their baking dish or transfer them to a platter to accompany a roasted main course. Bon appetite.
Share your thoughts, leave a comment!
The Elements Way.®
Therapeutic, handcrafted, and personalized massage.
Our Studio Location
Hours of Operation
Mon - Sat 9am - 9pm
Sun 9am - 7pm