Elements MassageSalmon Creek
1319 NE 134th St
Vancouver, WA 98685
p. (360) 574-3141
Hours of Operation
Monday - Sunday
9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
The Benefits of Regular Massage
Regular monthly massage provides relief to people of all ages and all walks of life from the competitive athlete to the home gardener or the over-stressed business person.
Massage therapy addresses a variety of health conditions, the most prevalent being stress-related tension.
Massage has proven to be beneficial for the following conditions:
- sleep disorders
- high blood pressure
- lower back pain
- immunity suppression
- spinal cord injury
- cancer-related fatigue
- post-operative care
- age-related disorders
- eating disorders
- smoking cessation
Here's why: Massage offers a drug-free, non-invasive and humanistic approach to well-being based on the body's natural ability to heal itself.
Massage therapy provides many benefits, such as:
- Increases circulation, which allows the body to pump more oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs.
- Stimulates the lymph system, the body's natural defense, against toxic invaders. For example, in breast cancer patients, massage has been shown to increase the cells that fight cancer.
- Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkiller. For this reason, massage is incorporated in treatment for chronic illnesses, injury and recovery from surgery to control and relieve pain.
- Improves range of motion and decreases discomfort associated with lower back pain.
- Relaxes and softens injured and overused muscles.
- Reduces muscle spasms and cramping.
- Increases joint flexibility.
- Reduces recovery time for strenuous workouts and eliminates subsequent risk of muscle strain.
- Relieves pain for migraine sufferers and decreases the need for medication.
- Reduces post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduces and realigns scar tissue after healing has occurred.
- Contributes to shorter labor, reduces the need for medication and aides in quicker recovery in pregnant women.