ABMP Dec 19, 2014
1. Grapefruit Seed Extract- This extract fights and prevents viruses and helps reduce symptoms of diarrhea and GI upset. It can even be used to decontaminate water (4-5 drops extract per quart of water). A few days before you leave, mix 4-5 drops with juice or water and drink it before bedtime, and continue for the duration of your trip. If you do catch a cold or flu, you can drink as much as 8-10 drops, 3-4 times a day.
2. Airborne- Available in natural products stores, Airborne is an effervescent tablet containing herbs, antioxidants, vitamin C, and amino acids. It helps prevent and fight colds, as well as motion sickness, when traveling.
3. Melatonin- To ease jet lag, Sutton suggests leaving your watch set for the time zone from which you're departing. When your watch shows your normal bedtime, take 3-6mg of melatonin, then go to sleep to regulate yourself quickly and easily to the new time zone.
4. Bach Flower Rescue Remedy- To calm nerves and reduce anxiety, place a few drops of this remedy under your tongue when you're feeling anxious, or add 5-6 drops to your water bottle and drink throughout the day.
5. Water- H2O is essential to healthy travel. Drink lots of water and avoid alcohol, as dehydration is a major cause of travel-related illness.
By packing a few natural remedies and paying attention to your body's needs, you'll be able to fully enjoy your trip.
Share your thoughts, leave a comment!
The Elements Way.®
Therapeutic, handcrafted, and personalized massage.
Our Studio Location
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri 9am - 9pm
Sat - Sun 8am - 8pm